“Children thrive when families and educators work together in partnership to support young children’s learning.” (Early Years Learning Framework 2009. p. 9)
Parents are the most important people in a child’s life, and by sharing information about your child – their interests and their learning journey, you can make a valuable contribution to the development of the curriculum. Our Educators look forward to working closely with you.
Active parent involvement helps to create a learning environment which is strong and supportive, as well as warm and caring. St John’s Preschool is managed by a voluntary Management Committee and we require four parent representatives to serve in this capacity. Serving on the committee or sub-committee provides an opportunity to work with other parents and church representatives on key decisions and directions for the Preschool.
Some of the ways that families can be involved
- Talking with the educators about your child’s interests, learning and skills
- Sharing photos of significant family events for the children to discuss in the program
- Joining us for a session to assist the children with activities and games, or by reading to children during session time
- Cooking with the children
- Playing a musical instrument
- Extending the curriculum by sharing occupations, culture, interests or skills
- Attending events such as Preschool Church Services, Parent Meetings and Social Functions
- Reading newsletters and notice boards
- Assisting with excursions – we have regular excursions to the library
- Reading policies and giving feedback on policies and program
- Contributing to our Quality Improvement Plan
- Donating resources such as recyclable or natural materials